Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I'm a Loser

So, here is a little story about me and what a loser I am. Yesterday morning after running on our treadmill I went to the fridge to get some water. (for those of you that don't know, I am a water snob and only drink bottled water, I'll gag if it's not. I know-lame). Anyways, I open the fridge to find no more water. Dang- I'll have to go out to the car to get some. That's when I realize I already took off my tennis shoes. I'm lazy and just slip on a pair of dress shoes sitting by the front door. I peek outside, is anyone going to see me in my stylin workout clothes (tank top and shorts) and dress shoes. There's only a million people flying down the busy street to the side of our house. Hopefully none of them will notice me. As fast as I can I start running for the van.
On the way I notice one of the construction workers from next door sitting in his car. Crap- he has definitely seen me. I open the back of the van and decide not to just take one bottle of water but the whole case, as I grab it the plastic wrapping rips and water bottles start rolling everywhere. I can't believe this is happening. At this point all I want to do is Abort mission and run back into the house, but that would look even more stupid.
So I'm bending over trying to recover all the bottles when I see the worker walking up to me. Now I'm really stressed, I've just remembered I still have black eyes from my makeup (I usually wash them off after my shower). I look up and try to pretend that, A. I'm not wearing dress shoes with my workout cloths, B. I don't look like a freak with big black eyes, and C. I don't feel like a complete loser chasing bottles around. Then he goes on to ask if he can come over and work on something with our windows. I can't quite concentrate on what he is saying because I'm still thinking about me. He asks when a good time to come over would be, and I tell him, "I'm about to jump in the shower, so give me a half hour but I'll be home all day." I was thinking he wanted to come in and install the hardware on our new windows. Well, a while later he came over and started working outside on one of our back windows. Apparently he was just worried about making to much noise and didn't want to come in. So he was probably wondering why he had to wait for me to take my shower before he could start making noise. I wanted to go explain the whole misunderstanding but decided that would be even weirder. I don't' know if that made any sense but that point is I'm a loser and will probably be a little more careful before my next emergency trip to the van.

3 comments:

Camille Foote said...

So funny! Sounds like something I would do. Never fails any time I try to do a quick run with wet hair or wearing my pajama bottoms I always end up running into two or three people I know.

Camille Foote said...

I meant quick run to the store. I am so good at this comment stuff:)

Anonymous said...

The mental image is hilarious! I can totally relate to the "wanting to go explain the situation". That happens to me daily....somehow I refrain.