Thursday, October 18, 2007

Pack's Pumkin Patch

Last night our crazy family decided to go pick some pumpkins. We braved the rain, hail, and freezing temperatures to find the perfect pumpkins. It was the only free time Jared had this week so we went despite the weather. I laughed as we drove up and I realized, "yep we're the only people stupid enough to come out on a night like this." The kids didn't care since they had been waiting weeks to go. In the above picture Jared is pretending to have a good time, but he's not, I think he was really annoyed by the whole thing. But I guess that is what makes him such a great dad, pretending to have fun for the kids. I love picking pumpkins from the fields. There is just something about finding that special pumpkin that speaks to you. I also love that you can get really big pumpkins. When we got home we drank hot chocolate and carved Jack-O-Lanterns. I LOVE Halloween.













2 comments:

L said...

Such cute pictures. We have been trying to find time to get there. I agree about finding the perfect pumpkin and the kids LOVE it! Tell Jared he's a great sport, and not alone in his feelings:>

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. I especially love the picture of Lydia doing a pose. I'm surprised at how happy Jared looks. He doesn't do well with rainy weather and events outside (remember the White House egg roll).