December was crazy for us, this year. Luckily we still found time for some of our favorite traditions.
Going to Schuster Creek for our tree:
Don't let these pictures fool you the kids really stayed in the car sipping hot chocolate while mom and dad climbed the mountain looking for the perfect tree.
Jared is always so patient and kind with me while looking at the trees and willing to go through many obstacles to get it down. I feel very fortunate to always find a tree and always make it home safely.
We decorated it that night. The kids stayed up late to help and wouldn't go to bed until the star was up.
The next day, after mom redecorated. Notice Max on the sofa, this is how he spends his days, watching for any intruders.
Skating with Santa:
We loving going to the Gallivan Center for Delta's annual ice skating party. It was really cold this year and Kate was sick, so I went alone with Grayson and Lydia.
This is the only time we go ice skating, so it's fun to watch the kids reteach themselves how to skate. It usually takes awhile, but they figure it out by the end of the night. Grayson was skating so funny, he would run with straight legs on the ice. I wish I had video of it. Despite the way it looked he was able to stay up and go fast.
When Santa first arrived he came up to Lydia and gave her a silver dollar. She felt pretty special all night.
It was a fun night, I especially enjoyed not being pregnant or holding a child. I was able to play tag with my siblings and try a few tricks.
Brunch with Santa:
I think we had over 40 kids this year. It's crazy but we love seeing all our friends that we never get to see.
Lydia was asked to lead the kids in Frosty the Snowman. She suddenly became very shy and wouldn't look up. It was so unlike her.
Grayson starting to think he might be a little too old for the whole Santa show.
Lydia wants a Molly Doll.
Kate wants an American Girl, Julie, Doll.
I couldn't understand what she told Santa, but she was sure excited to sit on his lap.
I had to include a picture of my cut of the chocolates. Hopefully this will be the most I ever make. I'm planning on down sizing. It was just too much work this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment