Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Skirt Refashioned

I have really been into blog tutorials for redesigning old clothes into something new. A great skill for provident living. I went for my first try with this old skirt from my fat girl clothes. Hopefully I won't need it anytime soon.
I cut it up and re-sewed it into this little jumper for Lydia. I don't love it. But I'm happy with my first try. She'll be wearing it anyways.
The thing that I love about refashioning is that it saves tons of time when you use the same hem. It took me about an hour to do this.



4 comments:

Tami said...

That is really cute. I'm bumbed I just got rid of some skirts that I know I won't be wearing. You'll have to show me when I'm out to visit. Or maybe I'll just let you do all the work for me.

Melanie Chambers said...

Wow. I really like that. Ironically, I have kind of been in the same mind set. I just found a tutorial where you turn a man's shirt into a jumper. You basically turn the shirt around then use the buttons for the back of the dress. Kind of cool. Brad doesn't have any shirts he wants to give up but I have it filed in my memory bank. I love the jumper and her boots are soooo adorable.

Sarah said...

I'm beginning to wonder if you're a real person...

Rachelle said...

Cute! I actually noticed her dress the other day and thought... cute.. I wonder where she got that. Even cooler that you made it. I'm determined to try the men's shirt into a jumper thing as mentioned above. It looks adorable and the blog said it's easy... but this is me we're talking about :)