Monday, May 25, 2009

Lydia's 5!

Lydia turned 5 on Friday.  She was the cutest little " birthday girl." Aunt Tami got her this cute shirt.  She was so excited to wear it that she put it on as soon as she got out of bed in the morning and referred to herself all day as "the birthday girl."
We don't do birthday parties every year, so I wanted her 5th to be special.  She wanted to have a dance party.  We were lucky enough to get our friend Rob an interactive DJ to help us out.  He was amazing.  I was worried about everyone participating but he kept them entertained. Most of the adults were wishing we were five again. 
Hokey pokey

Chicken Dance

Hamster Dance

I love this one of Kate, shear JOY!

Limbo

Pizza

Presents, she got way to many!


The Cake!

Now don't you want to be five again?

9 comments:

Allison said...

With a cake like that......heck yes I wish I was five again!!!! I can't believe she is five! In my mind Grayson is sill five

Brandi Schall said...

That cake is amazing! Did you make it? Of course you did you're so talented. Olivia and Elsa have been talking about nothing else all weekend. I heard about all the dances they did and who was there and what they ate, etc. Thanks for inviting them, they had a blast! Happy Birthday Lydia!

Rachelle said...

What a great party. You are amazing. The kids had a great time. Thanks for inspiring me once again.

Beth and Jason said...

Kalleen (this is Beth) Maggie tried to explain the cake to me...but I had no idea!! You are AMAZING!!!

grace said...

what a fun party!

Tami said...

Lydia looks way too old in all of these pictures. It's looks like she turned 7 or something. The kids keep asking about going to Utah. They can't wait. I'm not going to show Carol these pictures. She's already devistated she missed the party-she doesn't need to see all the fun she missed. Carol keeps asking if I miss my friend Kalleen. I always tell her I do. Wish we could have been there. Maybe when Joseph is a real doctor and making real money I can justify flying out for fun birthdays.

The Bayly's said...

Thanks for the invite! Maisie loved the CD and the party. She had a great time!

Rob & Megg said...

Was that Rob Ferre? What more could a 5 yr old want...dance party and that darling cake! I need to come take cake decorating classes from you! Lookin' good!

Melanie Chambers said...

Kalleen, You are everything I want to be as a mom. Is that cheesy? Seriously, go you!!!