Tuesday, March 24, 2009

First Two Weeks

Our first two weeks have been crazy but we are surviving thanks to the help of grandmas and neighbors.  I don't know what I am going to do once I get back into my normal routine. Claire has been a great baby and lets me get some sleep at night.  


We had a very festive St. Patty's Day.  The kids loved looking for leprechauns and eating green eggs and ham.  Lydia was thrilled to be matching with the baby. Grayson learned to step dance at school, he was so excited to show us his new moves and asked, "do you know how to dance in Irish."  We ended the day with a corned beef and cabbage dinner.  Not such a big hit with the kiddo.
 

My kind aunt Jammie, who loves to spoil Lydia rotten, invited her to the Beauty and the Beast musical. All the little girls were encouraged to dress up like a princess.  She cherishes this little rose given to her by Belle. She came home singing all the songs at the top of her lungs.   

Kate finally made an attempt to get out of her crib by herself.  I think it will be her last for a while. I heard the thump and found her crying frozen the way she landed.  I knew she had hurt something but seamed fine. After watching her for a day I realized that she wasn't using her left hand and would cry if you touched her wrist.  Being the bad mom I am I still didn't worry about it, until Sunday night when my family saw her crawling around using her left arm to hold herself up instead of her wrist.  With everyone telling me to take her in, she had x-rays done last night and found he wrist is broken. It's just a small hairline fracture, but she is now wearing a splint.  The stinker has already taken it off twice so I have to watch her.

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

I'm impressed with you. A new baby doesn't seem to slow you down much. I didn't hear about Kate. Hope she is doing okay.

Tami said...

I love the little splint. It is cute. I would have done the same thing if it were one of my kids. Where'd you end up getting Lydia's dress for the musical? I wish we lived closer. I'm sure Carol would have loved it.