Tuesday, October 28, 2008

UEA Break in Georgia

I know UEA was a while ago, but we don't really have internet right now. (I can't wait to live in a normal house.) Anyways, with a long break from school we decided to take one last trip with the kids, because who knows when we'll be in the mood to fly with four kids, not to mention we'll have to start paying for Kate soon. Somehow Tami committed Jared into going out to Georgia at least once while they lived there. Luckily we had lots of sky miles saved up so Jared could follow through with that promise. I love that I have a husband that appreciates and respects the close relationship Tami and I have.
We all had a blast. The kids were so happy to see each other and not only was the trip relaxing we got to do a lot. In addition to visiting their home in Augusta, we visited Savannah and Tybee Island (Savannah's beach). Tami found us an amazing beach house that has been featured in a few magazines and a book.
Here are a some pics from our trip.

SAVANNAH

We had dinner at the famous Pirate House. It's been open since 1753 where they served seafarers and real pirates. Parts of the famous "Treasure Island" story are thought to have happened in the Pirate House. The kids LOVED this, especially hearing about it's history and the ghosts that haunt it today. 


TYBEE ISLAND:
 
This is the cute fish camp cottage we got to stay in. 


FORT PULASKI:
I told the kids to look sad because they were locked up, this is what I got. 
THE BEACH



We had perfect beach weather, it was so nice. Grayson LOVED the waves.

THE CRAB SHACK

After dinner, we fed alligators. I my have killed one. I dropped a plastic bag full of gator food into the pond. One got the bag before we could get it out. Some of the workers spent a while trying to get it away from him without any luck. I felt so bad I had to stop watching. 


TYBEE LIGHT HOUSE


AT THE KAMERATHS
We loved just hanging out at the Kamerath's, especially roasting hot dogs, making smores and carmel apples. 
Thanks Kamerath's, we miss you so much. 

3 comments:

Tami said...

Everyday Carol tells me how much she misses Lydia and asks what day it will be when we see you again. Love the pictures, and yes, it was as fun as it looks. Thanks so much for coming out. Planning our next trip now...

Anonymous said...

I don't know who to be jealous of- the Kamerath's because they got to hang with you or you because you got to hang with the Kameraths! Looks like a fun trip.

I've been meaning to call you for days! Congrats on your baby girl news!

Marcia said...

Great pictures, Kalleen. Looks like you had fun. :)