Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Memories...

1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though I am way older...I remember that we used to tease my brother Aaron about how much he loved you growing up....He would get furious (because I think he did love you). So now you know :)
Emily Jackman Finlinson

Tami said...

Lots of good memories of you, but some of my favs are:
-staying up late at night talking about boys, problems and singing to annoy Billy
-Catching fireflies in Iowa and keeping them in jars (watching Kyle throw up during dinner because they were on the table)
-Playing cougars under the tramp
-shopping, shoppipng, shopping

Anonymous said...

I loved your Russia memory comments....made me miss simpler times.

A few of my favorite Kalleen memories are from the summer I spent at your house when I worked at Raging Waters. We had a good time just hanging out. I got to know your family really well and I loved just being there.

I love our Bear Lake times. Jason and I are having a huge dilemma going back and forth about whether or not we're going to come next month. We're so torn.....it's so dang pricey!!

L said...

WoW! Seriously where to start...

I remember you just ALWAYS being so kind and generous with whatever it is. I remember fun talks at Edgehill and having some serious jam sessions. I also love all of my bear lake memories...one especially when you were prego and agreed to watch Lindee so I could go on the early morning boat run. That was so sweet! Your incredible Christmas Brunches will always be great memories. I have been so inspired by you and have gleaned some great ideas. You are a great friend, mom, and creative genious!

Heather German said...

Hey Kalleen it's Heather, one of my most favorite memories is when Tom drove us to the Manti pagent and we drank a ton of Mountain Dew and stayed up to watch the sun rise in the morning, we fell asleep on the lawn before we saw it!

grace said...

Well, this is probably my earliest memory of you. I was in 2nd grade and you were in 1st. Your mom let me borrow one of your dance outfits for a talent show at school (I guess without telling you) so you were a little PO'd (for a 1st grader)So you told me to take it off right then. I said I couldn't cause I'd be naked. So there you go.

chu33la said...

Kalleen,
One of my most vivid memories of you is at Girl's Camp. You and Heather acting like total psychos and how much fun you guys had. I totally wanted to be like you guys when I was older.

The Bailey's said...

honestly I am drawing a blank about the first time I met you, I think it was on my wedding day??? Cant quite remember I probably only had a few things on my mind that day (haha LOL), but I do remember that we clicked right away, because you were so friendly and sweet! I remember the good times we had when we went to St George and all the fun games we played, I remember you are the queen of the DI, and can find almost anything at a bargain and it is awesome! I remember that you are a great cook, anytime I have had your food I love it! You taught us how to make pizza-by-the foot, so whenever I make that I always think of you.

Camille Foote said...

So many Edgehill memories I am so glad that we roomed together.

I remember you coming in my room at night and laying on my bed and talking to me. It probably didn't seem like anything to you, but I never had any sisters close to my age to just hang out and talk with so I loved it.

I love the time we spent at your parents house. I remember going there for a Christmas dinner and I was so shocked at how perfect everything was, there is no question where your amazing creative abilities come from. Your mom is so amazing and so nice, I loved being there. And when we spent the week of spring break at your parents house doing absolutely nothing, it was so fun.

I remember you brought a set of plates that you really liked to college and as a joke I dropped one gently on the floor pretending like I was going to break it, but then it actually broke. I felt so horrible, I still look out for the matching plate to the set. I know you were probably really mad at me, but within about five minutes you were over it and telling me it was ok. I think I would still be mad if it were me, so thanks for still loving me when I was so mean.

Laura W said...

Remember when you were at Emma's bridal shower, and I was there meeting Dirk's WHOLE (female) family for the 1st time? I think we had maybe met one time before (or did we meet there?), and I was so grateful to sit by you and talk to you because I felt TOTALLY awkward being there! :)
(That WAS you, right? lol)

Anonymous said...

I remember sharing a bed with you and your hairy legs!!!! Your an awesome sister you are always so nice to me. You are one of my best friends and I love that!

Melanie Chambers said...

I gotta jump in on this...
I have lots of memories, but my first and probably most vivid is making paper "glasses" at Girls State and watching Maylee try and teach us how to sew on a button. Then later that summer we tried to meet at Wendy's and we were both in the same restaurant but couldn't see each other over the plants in the middle of the restaurant. I also recall jumping into the freezing lake at USUe and so many more...

Marcia said...

I think it was the first time I met you - at Megan's baby shower 12 or so years ago. You came with Tami and you two gave me/her the cutest onesies and something else, I think. Anyway, I had never seen your name written so I sent a thank you card and spelled "Colleen" when I later found out I was sooooo embarrassed. People always spell my name wrong so I know it gets old. I'm so sorry about that!

Also, I think only one or two people read my blog and they don't really know me well enough to have a memory so I probably won't post the game. It is fun though!

PS I like your music selections for your page.

The Allred's said...

Kalleen- I remember when you were born. I'm not sure it was the safest idea that your parents let me babysit you, but thankfully, you lived through it. I can't believe your old enough to have children, maybe because I can't believe I am old enough to have children. Anyway, I luv ya lots!
~Tonya

The Allred's said...

Kalleen- I remember when you were born. I'm not sure it was the safest idea that your parents let me babysit you, but thankfully, you lived through it. I can't believe your old enough to have children, maybe because I can't believe I am old enough to have children. Anyway, I luv ya lots!
~Tonya

Rachelle said...

So I am a little behind things since you posted this over a month ago... but better late than never right?? I remember that we were VT companions and visited Capitola who is one seriously strange woman. I remember your awesome parties that were better than anything I could put together if I had all year to plan.

The Bayly's said...

I know I'm way late in seeing this, but one fun memory I have of you is when I stayed at your house for like a week when my parents went out of town one year. I think we took tennis lessons or something during that week too. It was a lot of fun.

And of course there was always girls camp. I remember the year when Julie Mitchell was our leader, and there was only four of us who went, and we celebrated your birthday while we were there. I think I still have pictures!