Saturday, May 3, 2008

CONGRATULATIONS JARED!


Hooray, Yippee, Hallelujah Jared is done! We are all so proud of Jared. It was no easy task doing his Masters while teaching full time. We appreciate all your sacrifices to get your degree. You are amazing and we look forward to spending lost more time with you especially this summer. It will be so nice to finally be able to take advantage of the only benefits of being a teacher.
For those of you wondering what's next. Jared was going to be an administrator at West next year and while they were working out the details the district changed its policy. You now have to teach for five years before becoming an administrator. So, hopefully next year he can move on. As for now Jared will continue teaching TV tech, IB Film and TV West. I think it will be nice for him to have a year where he can just focus on being a teacher and not a student.


This last picture is from the High School Film Festival. At the end, all his students decided to give Jared a big hug, he's in the middle of the crowd. After being frustrated with some issues at the Festival, Jared said, " I don't care about the festival and wouldn't mind not doing it, but I know how much my students love it, I do it for them." I was glad you see his students recognize that everything he does is for them. I am just so glad Jared has the opportunity to do something he loves and finds fulfilling.

P.S. Congrats to Dan, Tyler, Heather, and anyone else graduating this year.

8 comments:

grace said...

Wahooo Jared! We know how good it feels to have it be over. Congrats to Kalleen too for surviving everything.

Rachelle said...

Yeah!!!! Congrats!!! Double points for doing it with a busy family and full-time career. He's a dedicated man and we are happy for him and you who can finally enjoy your husband a little more.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! We are so excited for you guys! What an accomplishment!

We are sooo ready to hang out in a month. We can't wait.

Kalleen, you look fabulous!!

Rob & Megg said...

Congrats Jared! Yeah for your family for getting you back. I am truly amazed at how you seem to juggle so many things- Jared and Kalleen you are marvelous parents and examples of how to handle a BUSY life.

Melanie Chambers said...

Jared, a BIG congratulations to you and your little family. We are really happy for you.

Tami said...

Congrats Jared. Is it my turn to write you a check for a million dollars? We're excited that you get to spend time with your family now.

The Smiths said...

Congrats Jared!!!!

L said...

Hooray! Hooray! Yeah, Jared. You have worked hard, and Kalleen, you have been very patient!!! I am so excited for you guys!