Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Lets Go Fly A Kite.


So, I thought I would be this great mom and take my kids to fly kites last week. My Dad has seriously like 20 kites. I grabbed three kites thinking I would easily be able to get all three in the air. Turns out they were a little harder to put together than I planned (having three kids crying the whole time doesn't help much). I was only able to put one together and it took me close to an hour.
I don't recommend flying kites with three small kids. Lets just say there was a whole lotta yelling and running. I tried to have Grayson throw the kite in the air while I held the string. That didn't work well cause he kept getting the tail tangled around his body. We switched after a while and had Grayson hold the string while I threw the kite in the air. After throwing it up I would have to run as fast as I could to where he was standing to grab the strings. Finally we got it up. The wind was really crazy though by this time and the kite kept doing nose dives. I think the other people at the park got a big kick out of the show we were giving. Hopefully we can give it another go with Dad or PaPa in a few weeks.

2 comments:

grace said...

We have some kites too that we've been planning to use, but I figured we'd wait til Daniel could go with us. So thank you for that blog. It will save alot of tears.

Anonymous said...

You're amazing for even trying to fly kites with three kids on your own. Sheesh!!

I love the picture of Jon and Chad with their cakes while their singing.

We miss you guys! We're having a particularly lonely couple weeks. I hate that we live so far away!