Like most people we have the tradition in our family of letting kids dig into their own cake on their first birthday. This is one of my favorite traditions. I was so sad when Lydia turned one because she wouldn't touch her cake. She just walked around it and looked at us like we were crazy. I think she cried when we tried to make her touch it. Luckily Kate was not shy about jumpin right in. I think we should make a new tradition that when you turn 28 you can have your own cake and not get sick or gain any weight.


9 comments:
I love your pictures Kate is so darling, that is one of our favorite b-day traditions too, that cake was so beautiful though, I love it and I am totally with you on the 28 yr old cake deal. Anyways thanks 4 your advice on the whole party training, happy to report she had no accidents today. She got to pick out a toy. We are still hoping that we are coming but it is not looking promising for eric to be able to get off work, if we dont end up coming we will have to get together sometime this summer it has been too long. we miss you guys and would love to see your kids.
OH my gosh, I love those pictures. I wonder if Chloe would've gotten into her cake that much if I put he on the floo. That last picture of cake is such a good keepsake. Remember that ckae stand you gave us? Yeah, it broke, and it's one thing that i really remember and miss everytime I make a cake.
I am so glad you found us! Three kids...WOW! Good for you guys. Looks like life is as busy as usual. Can't wait to check out more updates.
Wow....go Kate. That is awesome.
Okay.....that cake is amazing! Sooo cute! We do the same cake tradition, but we haven't put the cake on a blanket on the floor....sweet idea! Graham would have gone even more crazy with it!
Kalleen that cake is amazing! Seriously...I think you might be the only person I know who could make a cake look like that. I hope you guys are doing well and baby Kate is so cute. I can't believe she is a year.
I have been out of town for a few days so I just caught up on your blogs. I love all the pictures. Everything you do is always so cute and creative Your cake looks great and even your Easter eggs are adorable. I am like you I can not believe that it has already been a year. Brooklyn will be a year in June its crazy how fast time goes.
Cute cake. Looks like you guys had a great time. I'm glad I wasn't there. NOT.
Post a Comment