Thursday, February 21, 2008

Our little Troy

We gave the kids the High School Musical soundtrack for Christmas, they had only seen the movie once but I knew they would like the songs. Since then High School Musical has become a very important part of our lives. It's right up there with Superheros and Princesses.

One of my favorite things that has come about because of the HSM absession is Grayson is more open to wearing the clothes I want him too. Grayson used to get dressed in what ever I gave him no questions asked. It was great, I could dress him all up in things most boys wouldn't wear. Well then Porter came along and showed Grayson that he had a choice. Porter doesn't like sweaters or collared shirts which happen to be my favorite. Soon Grayson demanded he would only wear T-shirts and jeans. Then one day Grayson made the mistake of telling me he wanted to wear a brown cordiroy sports jacket he usually thew a fit about wearing because he wanted to look like Troy ( Troy wears collared shirts and jackets in HSM2). So now if I want to Grayson to wear basically anything but a t-shirt, I just have to tell him he's going to look like Troy. I've done this many times with Lydia telling her she'll look like a princess, but I never thought I would be doing it with Grayson.


We recored this performance right after Christmas, since then Grayson has developed many more "cool" moves. He takes his dancing very seriously he is rarely smiling while dancing. If you want to hear what he is dancing to you'll need to pause the music at the bottom of the blog.



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soooo funny! His moves are so diverse! Rock on, Grayson! Lucy uses a waterbottle as a microphone so she can sing along High School Musical style.

Rachelle said...

wow!! That kid has got some moves!!

L said...

I love the circle arms with the hip movements. He is good and so precise! Love it!

Tanna said...

Kalleen,
It's Maggie's friend Tanna. I hope it's alright if I take a peek at your blog. Grayson is such a great dancer. I've been sick and watched HSM just yesterday. Our kids have recently enjoyed dancing, although they aren't as talented as yours. Your kids are so cute. How is Jared's schooling going? Is he almost finished? Good luck!

Rachelle said...

I know I already commented, but your blog is easier than anything to tell you that we are coming to church in your ward on Sunday. We are excited to see you.

Laura W said...

Love the moves. :) And I keep meaning to tell you but I always forget -- that blanket that you made for Ari is the only one she sleeps with. It is always in her crib, but I just remembered to tell you because I tossed it in the wash. She loves it! :)

Tami said...

Looks like Grayson has some compitition. Carol says she's Troy Bolton. She's mastered all his songs, and his working on the moves daily. Can't wait for the kids to get back together.

Tami said...

Looks like Grayson has some compitition. Carol says she's Troy Bolton. She's mastered all his songs, and his working on the moves daily. Can't wait for the kids to get back together.

The Shill Spill said...

Kalleen/Jared-
I found your blog on Dirk's. :) It looks as though you all are doing quite well! So good to catch up with your family and see what you are up to! Looks like you stay quite busy with 3 little ones! :) Congrats!
Tiffany (Williams)