Sunday, February 17, 2008

Cinderella

Yesturday Lydia and I went to Ballet West's performance of Cinderella. We both loved it. I've been wanting to take Lydia to the ballet for years but have always worried about her being too little. I figured Cinderella was a good show to test her on since she would be excited to see Cinderella in addition to the ballerinas. She did so well and loved almost every minute of it. During the intermissions she wanted to get back to her seat so the show wouldn't start without her. The hardest part was keeping her from raising her arms above her head (she wanted to dance along with the ballerinas). She also yelled out a few times. Like when they were trying the slipper on the step-sisters she yelled out "No it's Cinderella's". Luckily those around us found it to be as cute as I did. I am already looking forward to our next performance

2 comments:

L said...

How cute!!!!!!!! What a great idea. I took Lindee to see Enchanted (not quite as cultural) but it was so fun to see her singing and dancing along with them. There is something about being out with mommy. You are such a good mom!

Camille Foote said...

How fun! After seeing how well Aly did at the cutural performance we attended in Mexico. I am almost brave enough to try taking her to another performance. Now after reading your experience with Lydia I am a little more motivated.