Having Tami and her kids living with us has given me a small glimpse into what it would be like in a polygamist home. I love having someone help with all the housework. I love having help planning, shopping for and preparing meals. I love having other kids around for my kids to play with. The down side- six kids in one house can definitely be too much at times. Six kids make a lot more messes and laundry than three. And my favorite- the looks people give the two of us while running around alone with all six kids.
When Tami is in town not much gets done except for Shopping. We always manage to find more than enough time to shop. Jared likes to joke that our credit card bills go through the roof when Tami is in town. This trip has been no different. Last Friday Shelly watched our kids for the day and in trying to avoid shopping we thought we would go out to the Mitt Romney Headquarters to make phone calls for his campaign. It was pretty fun, I would recommend it to anyone wanting to help his campaign. Unfortunately his headquarters are right next to South Towne Mall and of course we had to run in a look at a couple of things. And of course we found some bargains we couldn't pass up. We are pathetic.
Last week we went with our mom down to St. George to pretend like we were doing something with our lives. We actually spend most of our time shopping. Porter told Tami "Shopping isn't a fun thing for kids to do," after asking what we were going to do that day. These are some pictures of the kids swimming. Abby and her kids drove down from Cedar for the night. My dad flew down the last day and took the kids hiking. I forgot to send the camera- but they won't stop talking about how fun it was. We were just glad to finish our shopping kid free.
9 comments:
I think that you should get permission before you put pictures of others on the internet. Who wants to see my double chins, really? And yes, it is sure fun living with you.
I love how you act like you weren't sitting in my bed while I made my post.
Maybe I wasn't.
Ahhh, sisters, I love it. Maybe I should invite all my sisters to move in for a month. HA! There is NO way. Jared is a patient man:> You guys are too cute, you crack me. When I grow up I want to be like you guys!
You guys are lucky to get to spend so much time together. I think I'll do a sister post sometime.
You and Tami always make me wish that my sisters and I were closer in age so that we might have more in common.
I have said this before, but I hope Brooklyn and Alyson will be as close friends and sisters as you and Tami are.
How do you do the four pictures all touching like that? Will you email me and give me a hint.
Post a Comment