1. I'm an all or nothin kinda girl. When I do something I either go all the way or don't even bother doing anything. Lately I end up doing nothing a lot, because going all the way sounds like to much trouble. I don't know why but doing something half way drives me crazy. Sometimes I try to not go all the way with something and before I know it I've gone to far. Like a party for example, I think to myself "I'll just have a few friends over and keep things simple." next thing I know I've spent days stressing, cleaning, cooking and have twenty kids and their parents running around our house. Another example is cleaning. You might be thinking, Your house is never clean. This is the problem, I can't do light house cleaning. I put off cleaning because I know it is always going to be more intense than I was planning. Once I start cleaning a room I start to notice everything wrong with the room and it drive me crazy to not to the job right.
2. I LOVE candy. Most of you already know this. If I could survive and not gain a thousand pounds, I would eat candy all day long. In fact I go through periods when I am pregnant, where the thought of eating food makes me sick- but candy doesn't and I will only eat candy. Halloween was always my favorite holiday. I would eat all my candy in three days. I named my first doll Candy. If there is candy in a room all I do is focus on the candy. Someone could be talking to me and all I'm thinking is, "why are we talking when there is candy just sitting over there." It has taken lots of practice to control myself, and I never buy candy. I would go insane having it in my house. My favorites include Swedish Fish, Nibbs, Starburst, Reeses Pieces, Twix, Baby Ruth, Dove Dark Chocolate, and of course my mom's homemade chocolates.
3. When I was in first grade my favorite animal was a turtle. So, for Halloween I begged my dad to make me a turtle costume. This was back in the day when you didn't buy costumes and if you did they were those weird plastic kind. Well, my dad is an all or nothin kinda guy,
and went all out and spent many hours making a paper mache shell. The costume was amazing for the time. My dad was so proud that he took me a Jazz game to participate in a costume contest. This how it worked- everyone was suppose to walk around the outside of the court and if they liked your costume they would pull you into the middle where they would chose a winner based off of crowd response. So, I'm walking around and next thing I know they pull me into the middle. Apparently, some guy in the crowd liked my costume(probably because I was the only kid in the middle) and started chanting "Turtle, Turtle..." Next thing I know the whole Salt Palace,(Yes this was at the Salt Palace) was chanting "Turtle, Turtle..." and I won a trip to California.
4. Growing up I lived with extreme paranoia. I was scared of everything, not just the dark or monsters. I had a lot of sleepless nights. I was scared that there would be a fire in the middle of the night and I wouldn't get out, I was scared that if I opened my eyes I would see a ghost. Walking in the middle of the day I would be scared someone would attack me, or there might be a flash flood. Yes, I know I was crazy to be afraid of a flash flood. My sibling loved to play trick on me because they know how scares I was. I spent most of my nights growing up on our couch, so I could fall asleep watching living scripture movies- they were the only thing that could calm me down. I'm over all that for the most part- I only freak out when I spend the night alone when Jared is out of town. (Jared says this is a mild description of my paranoia)
.
5.I'm a picky eater. It's not so much that I don't like certain foods, I just like my food to taste good. Jared likes to call me a culinary snob. This doesn't mean I am a good cook either. I have no problem throwing an entire meal away if it is gross. It sounds like pure torture to sit and eat something I don't want to. I was always worried about going on a mission for this reason. I have a really bad gag reflex and honestly would probably throw up if I tried to eat something I didn't want to. I don't like skimping on cream, butter, salt, etc. I don't care if it's healthy as long as it tastes good. Now you all know why I'm so big.
.
7. My best friend has always been my sister Tami. I hear a lot of sister just fight while growing up. Not me and Tami we have always been really close. She was never to cool for me
or at least she didn't act like it, even when she moved on the Jr. High or even High School. Most of my greatest memories include her. Best of all, we married best friends so we could stay as close as possible after we got married. I still talk to her almost everyday, we always call each other to brag about our great deals. We spend the first hour of every visit showing each other all the new clothes we bought or the new decorations in our house, and the best part is we know the other one is just as excited as we are. (Shelly don't be jealous, your my other best friend now that Tami is gone).
TAG your it! I've tagged seven people: Tami, Shelly, Chad, Melanie, Laura, Dirk, and Allison. I had to do husbands, I don't know enough bloggers. Within 7 days, write 7 things about you or you'll be stuck with 7 curses upon your head (that's what I've heard, anyways!). Pass it on! It's fun to read new things about people!
6 comments:
You are so good with words. The turtle story cracks me up. Also, I still remember you telling me the story of trying out for your highschool choir and how funny that story was. You are so true to yourself and know exactly what you want and go for it. I loved that post. I was smiling the whole time and I still have a smile on my face. You're a great friend to have..even if it is via blog.
Kalleen you are a riot. I have heard some of those before, but I really like the turtle story. You must have gotten your "all the way" thing from your dad. Cute.
Hilarious! I'm so glad you are as addicted to candy as I am. People have little bowls of candy at their house that last a week....it wouldn't last an hour at my house! I love you, Kalleen! I think you are one of the most talented people I know.
Kalleen loved the blog! It made me miss our college days and living together. I love the pictures. I hope my girls are as close when they get older as you and Tami are.
I loved the things you wrote about. I think we're so close because on more than half of them I could say the exact same thing for me. Great fun reading it, can't wait to see you in four weeks!!
So fun! I know you tagged me, and I'm not ignoring you, I promise! :) I am also not promising I'll get around to it, but we'll see. ;) And yay for another perfectionist in the crowd! I was the kind of kid that got overwhelmed "tidying" my room because I had to have all my books in alphabetical order, etc. I know, neurotic. :) tee hee.
Post a Comment