Wednesday, October 31, 2007

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Halloween has always been one of my favorite Holidays, probably because I am a candy addict. This year has been kind of crazy and different. We had a few scheduling conflicts and weren't able to throw our Halloween Party. It was very hard to let go. I'm trying to be more practical these days. We still attended a few carnivals so my kids have had there fair share of fun. They can't wait to go trick or treating. I'm still trying to decide if I'll let them keep their candy this year or take it away while they are sleeping. I don't know why, but the thought of letting my kids have their own little stash of candy sounds insane to me, yet I did at their age(maybe I'll just start blaming my mom for my candy addiction).

Grayson wanted to be a red dragon. He made this very clear months before Halloween. I tried to talk him into being something else, but he wouldn't give up. Every time he talked to anyone about Halloween he would tell them he was going to be a red dragon. So I gave in. I thought about making the costume, but after a short visit to Joanne's I decided that was out of the question. Luckily we found this one.
Lydia wanted to be Snow White. I did make this costume, and I am very proud of it. A lot of Stress, Time, Yelling, Swearing and Love went into it. It may be the last costume I ever make. As you can tell from the pictures she really thinks she is a princess. She performed a Halloween dance with her dance class at a Davis County Carnival- I'll post a video later.
If you can't tell from this picture Kate is suppose to be a pink poodle. Basically Kate got the shaft this year. I was going to put her in Lydia's chicken costume from when she was the same age, but I couldn't find it. So basically I went and bought this costume today out of total guilt. I didn't want Kate looking at her baby book and ask why we didn't dress her up like the other kids. So here she is our adorable pink poodle.

5 comments:

Chambers said...

i love the costumes. Chloe was a kitty. We borrowed the costume. I love the pink poodle.

L said...

Your costumes are adorable as well as the pics. Someday I will be a good photographer!

Anonymous said...

my phone died sorry but I figured you check this more than your e-mail. your kids are cute

Tami said...

Cute kids. Lydia looks so cute in her pictures. I'm glad you only make Lydia's costume this year, that way I don't feel so lame for not making my kids thiers.

Anonymous said...

I remember those plastic costumes. I loved the smell for some strange reason. Cute blog and even cuter (is that a word?) family!