With the third book coming out last week my sister Shelly and her friends threw a Hunger Games party. It was the perfect way to refresh my memory before reading the final book.

Shelly lives down the street from the capitol so we had to take a walk up there for some pictures. I'm sure people thought we were crazy with our costumes and signs.
These four are from the "Capitol"
Shelly and Melissa both dressed as Katniss. Shelly was Katniss on her way to the games and Melissa is Katniss while hunting.
more friends from the capitol and a miner from district 12.
This is my lame attempt to dress up. I'm suppose to be Katniss's mom. I'm holding tree bark and a jar of healing leaves. i also have a medicine pouch around my neck.
It was a fun night. We played a trivia game, ate hunger games inspired food like pita's and goat cheese, fought over prizes from the cornucopia and talked about what will happen next.
I'm so glad I didn't give into peer pressure and stay up for the 12 am release. Instead I had a good nights sleep and enough energy to spend the next day reading.
I also made these cookies, they were hit.
2 comments:
Love the Party idea, just wished I loved the third book as much as the first two!
Did you like the book? I did, it was a little rushed for me - but good.
Post a Comment