Thursday, May 27, 2010

Art Showcase

Last weekend our elementary school held their annual art showcase. It is my favorite event at the school, all the walls are covered from floor to ceiling in children's artwork. Our schools main focus is on the arts. My favorite part is to look at the 5th and 6th grade projects, it's amazing what they are able to produce after years of practice.
Grayson proudly showing his art board. My favorite piece was his self portrait.

Lydia with her self portrait. I know I'm biased, but Lydia's and her friends Olivia's portrait were the best.

Lydia with her art board. The picture in the top left corner was on all the flyers and posters advertising the art showcase.

I'm so grateful my kids go to a school were there is so much emphasis on what I think is the best part of school.

1 comment:

Brandi Schall said...

How did we miss the art board? Duh. I agree I thought Olivia's, Lydia's and Lizzy's were the best portraits. Biased opinion I'm sure :)