Monday, December 17, 2007

Brunch with Santa

We had our annual brunch with Santa this last weekend. First of all I have to vent. Things didn't go quit as well as I was hoping, I wasn't as organized as I was wanted, my house wasn't as clean as I wanted, some of my food didn't work out, but I'm trying not to focus on it any more since I have plenty of other things to worry about. Things are just to crazy for me this year. I guess having another kid, a new puppy, a busy husband, and a full holiday schedule is a little more than I can handle this year. I did try to simplify a little this year. I didn't invite any of our ward friends to the party (I'm hoping I didn't offend anyone). It was nice to have less kids, but I didn't get to spend much time visiting with friends. We'll be making some more changes next year. There I am done. thanks.
So now to the good part, my kids had a blast, and that is why we throw the party anyways. We usually have my brother play Santa, but my kids just laugh and ask him why he is dressed like Santa. So, this year we hired Mr. and Mrs. Clause to come to our party and they were great. The kids really enjoyed singing songs with him.

Grayson told Santa he wanted a small superman, too bad he wasn't telling Santa this last month when Santa got all his presents. Hopefully he'll change his mind back when he sees his transformer.
Lydia ask for Red licorice. I wonder were she got that from, not her mom. I'm sure Santa will have no problem with that last minute change.

All my kids have cried with Santa. I thought Kate would be different because she is so easy going and loves to meet new people, but apparently not Santa.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sad we missed this. You always do such a great job. You are the Entertainer of the Year (every year)! We're so excited to see you next week!!

Anonymous said...

I would have never known that anything went "wrong" because it was darling and perfect! :) Thanks for having us!

Tami said...

You had an awesome party, and the best party planner helper in the WORLD. Oh, yeah!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. A great party- as usual. We haven't done the Santa thing yet this year. We've gone to the mall several times and looked at him from the upper level. Lizzy always says - "I'll go sit on his lap tomorrow." Have a great Christmas!!

L said...

We had an absolutely delightful time. You are incredible...give yourself some credit, you deserve it!

L said...

PS I love that pic with Kate peeking out from the Santa hat (or maybe she is trying to rip it off:>)

Camille Foote said...

Kalleen,
I think your family has put together some of the best parties I have been to so I am sure yours was the same way. You always have such creative fun ideas so despite your venting I am sure it was great wish we could have been there.