
With the weather being so great and no snow, we decided to get our Christmas tree up at Schuster Creek this year. It was so fun and so beautiful I wish we hadn't been in such a hurry to get back for the big game. We were excited to go with the Perry's but ended up going with some of my family when they couldn't make it. All the tree's were really tall so we basically had to cut down a big one and chop off the bottom.

It took awhile to find a good shape in all the wild trees, but we eventually found this one. I liked these picture of Jared sawing the tree, he makes it look so hard. The guys had alot of fun being Lumber Jacks until the chain saw ran out of oil and they had to do the rest by hand.

It was a big tree, I'm glad Jared and I weren't alone with all our kids. Lydia sang Oh Christmas Tree over and over again at the top of her lungs, it was cute the first couple of times.

The kids love to decorate the tree. It was killing them to wait till the end of the game for Jared to cut it down and bring it inside. It ended up being alot skinnier than I thought it would be, but we love it. Grayson keeps saying that Santa is going to come and steal all the decorations. I think he is confusing The Grinch will the real Santa.

6 comments:
It turned out so cute!!! I'm so sad we missed it. Next year for sure (if you go!) What fun memories for your family!
How fun! We always used to go get our christmas tree as a family when I was little. It is still some of my favorite memories. I am so impressed with the tree you don't realize how hard it is to find a Christmas tree in the mountains until you try it. If the tree is small enough usually the branches are so sparse, but yours looks great.
Great looking tree! Glad you took Grandma Mary Ann with you! Hope you are getting along ok with Max. We had a dog for a little while when I was young and his name was Max....:}
Uncle Ruth
Love the tree. I was expecting something more full, so I laughed out loud when I saw how skinny it was. Looks like so much fun, and of course I wish we could be there!
So cute and festive! :) Did you get my voicemails today? I really shouldn't leave messages when I'm distracted. I'm a dork. :)
i love it! it's kinda Seussy! we on the other hand have a charley brown tree this year. about a 8" rosemary bush trimmed to look like a tree- lights on the table around it and 4 ornaments. unforgettable...that's what christmas is all about.
Post a Comment